I am Full Professor since June 2016
You can download here my CV (updated Dec 2019)
A few recent talks I have given:
- “Piattaforme digitali, lavoro e ambiente“, (in Italian) at Biennale Tecnologia, November 2020.
- “Energy efficiency improvement of distributed data centers,” at the 1st Huawei SRE Summit, November 2020.
- “L’Intelligenza Artificiale è neutra?“, (in Italian) an event of the series Conversazioni in Biblioteca, June 2020.
- “Toward greener network operation”, at the final workshop of the SCAVENGE project, Split, September 2019.
- “Towards sustainable networks“, at NextGWIN 2018, Sheffield, UK, September 2018
- “Evolution of Telecommunication Networks: Data and Sustainability “, at Science and The Future 2, Torino, November 2018
- “Towards a Digital Society“, at an event organized by Fineco in Moncalieri, Torino, January 2019
|Current research interests
- Green networking
- Smart grids
- Machine learning for energy efficiency
You can find my research on Google Scholar
TPC or general chair of
- ACM e-Energy 2021, Torino, Italy, June 2021.
- IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC), Barcelona, Spain, July 2019
- First Workshop on Sustainable networking through MachIne Learning and Internet of thiNGs (SMILING), Infocom 2019 workshop, Paris, April 30, 2019
- International Teletraffic Conference (ITC), Gent, September 2015
- IEEE ICC Green Communications systems and networks, (ICC 2017), Paris, May 2017
- IEEE Online conference on Green Communications (IEEE OnlineGreenCom), TPC chair in 2012 and general chair in 2013
- IEEE Infocom 2012 Workshop on Green Networking and Smart Grids (GNSG)
- IEEE Infocom 2013 Miniconference
- IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC’09), Sousse, Tunisia, July 2009
- International Workshop on Mobile Vehiculer Networks (MoveNet)
- The 3rd international workshop on QoS in Multiservice IP Networks (QoS-IP 2005), Catania, Italy, February 2005
- ACM International Conference on Modeling, Analysis ans Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM 1999, 2000, 2001)
- Senior editor (previously Area editor) of IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking
- Associate Editor of IEEE Communications Survey and Tutorial
- Associate Editor of ACM/IEEE Transactions on Networking (2012-2016)
- Editor of a Special Session of IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking on Energy Efficiency for Internet of Things, to appear in December 2020
- Editor of a book with Wiley Publisher on “Green Communications: Principles, Concepts and Practice”. Co-edited with Konstantinos Samdanis, Peter Rost, Andreas Maeder, Christos Verikoukis. To appear on February 2015.
Co-Guest editor of:
- Special Issue of Elsevier Computer Networks, “Traffic and Performance in the Big Data Era”, Vol. 109-2, 2016
- Special Issue of Elsevier Computer Communications on “Green Networking”, Vo. 50, 2014
- Special Issue of IEEE Internet Computing on Sustainable Internet , 2013, Vol.17(1)
- Special Issue of Elsevier Computer Networks, “Selected papers from the 2nd International Workshop on QoS in multiservice IP networks (QoS-IP 2005),” Computer Networks, Vol. 50(2006), June 2006
- Special Issue of Elsevier Computer Networks, “Selected papers from the 2nd International Workshop on QoS in multiservice IP networks (QoS-IP 2003),” Computer Networks, Vol. 44(2004), March 2004
- Performance Evaluation, “Special Issue on the Second Internet Performance Symposium of Globecom 2002”, Vol. 55, No.1-2, January 2004
- ACM Wireless Networks (WINET), “Selected Papers from the Fifth ACM International Workshop on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems”, Vol. 10, No. 5, September 2004.
- ACM Wireless Networks (WINET), “Selected Papers from the Fourth ACM International Workshop on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems”, Vol. 9, No. 3, May 2003
- ACM Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET), “Analysis and Design of Multi-service Wireless Networks”, Vol. 7, No. 2, March 2002
- Member of the Board of Directors of TOP-IX
- Member of the Technical and Scientific Committee of CSI Piemonte (2011-2019)
- Member of the Board of Directors of CSP – Innovazione nelle ICT (2013-2018)
- Member of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) working group 7.3 on Computer System Modeling.
- Two kids: Federico (born 2005) and Francesca (born 2007)
- A cat, Sole, and a dog, Gughi